All of the following are trading tips for 5th May 2008 only.
- Big Lots, Inc. (BIG) through its wholly owned subsidiaries is a national broadline closeout retailer.
- AmeriCredit Corp., (ACF) is an independent auto finance company.
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers, portable digital music players, and mobile communication devices and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC) is an insurance company in the People’s Republic of China.
- Corinthian Colleges, Inc. (COCO) is a post-secondary education company in the United States and Canada, with more than 62,115 students enrolled.
- YRC Worldwide Inc. (YRCW) is a holding company that through wholly owned operating subsidiaries offers its customers a range of transportation services.
- AU Optronics Corp. (AUO) designs, develops, manufactures, assembles and markets flat panel displays.
- Financial Select Sector SPDR Fund (XLF) seeks to provide investment results that correspond to the price and yield performance of the Financial Select Sector of the S&P 500 Index (the Index).
- Capital One Financial Corporation (COF) is a diversified banking company focused primarily on consumer and commercial lending and deposit origination.
- Focus Media Holding Limited (FMCN) operates out-of-home advertising network in the People’s Republic of China using audiovisual television displays, based on the number of locations and number of flat-panel television displays in its network.
- MEMC Electronic Materials, Inc. (WFR) is engaged in the design, manufacture and sale of silicon wafers.
- Kinross Gold Corporation (KGC) is engaged in gold mining and related activities, including exploration and acquisition of gold-bearing properties, the extraction and processing of ore, and reclamation of mining properties.
- Evergreen Solar, Inc. (ESLR) develops, manufactures and markets solar power products enabled by its String Ribbon technology.
- Silver Wheaton Corp. (SLW) is a mining company with 100% of its revenue from the sale of silver.
- Domtar Corporation (UFS) is a manufacturer and marketer of uncoated freesheet paper in North America.
Disclosure: Short BIG, Long SLW