Series of events listed for this week:
The Standard & Poor’s/Case-Shiller national home price index for January will be released Tuesday.
- On the housing front, the latest quarter’s results from Lennar Corp. (LEN) and KB Home (KBH) are due Thursday and Friday, respectively.
The Conference Board’s Consumer Confidence Index for March will be released Tuesday.
February Durable Goods Orders and New Homes Sales will be out on Wednesday.
Jobless Claims report is due Thursday.
Personal spending and income numbers for that month are out Friday.
There is also a plethora of Fedspeak following last week’s moves to cut interest rates and allow investment banks to borrow from the Federal Reserve.
- Chicago Fed President Charles L. Evans speaks Wednesday to the National Association for Business Economics in New York,
- Dallas Fed President Richard W. Fisher discusses the Fed and the regional economy Wednesday in Waco, Texas;
- Cleveland Fed President Sandra Pianalto offers the “Federal Reserve Perspective” on Thursday in Dayton, Ohio;
- Minneapolis Fed President Gary H. Stern discusses “Issues in Macroeconomic Policy” on Thursday in London; and
- Atlanta Fed President Dennis P. Lockhart offers an economic outlook Thursday in Chattanooga, Tenn.